In today’s society, everyone has a smartphone. From a child to an old man. We most often use them to communicate, play games, listen to music, and take photos/videos.
But not everyone knows that your iPhone can be turned into a microscope. There are microscopes for iPhones for this purpose.
These microscopes allow you to dive into the microcosm without using a professional microscope. Microscope for iPhone is a simple entrance to the world of research and an opportunity to instill in your child a love of science.
In this article, we will look at how you can pick up a microscope that suits you and your iPhone.
8 Best Microscope for iPhone: Reviewed
- SKYBASIC 50X-1000X – Best choice
- Cainda WiFi Digital Microscope – The premium choice
- Opqpq ODM102 – Best price
- STPCTOU STinskam314BK
- YINAMA Black303
- Jiusion WiFi USB Digital Microscope
- Ankylin 50x-1000x Handheld USB Microscope
- T TAKMLY MX200-B
- ☁【WiFi & USB Microscope】- This is a wireless handheld digital microscope that has been designed to work with your mobile Android or iOS device（open your device WiFi to connect to the microscope's WiFi hotspot）, also compatible with Windows or Mac computers (via USB cable). If the USB cable is unavailable, please tell us for a free replacement.
8 LED lights provide excellent detail and optimal clarity allowing the user to digitally images of the 1920×1080 resolution. 1080P HD picture quality for smartphones, and 720P for computers.
Taking an image or video is as simple as tapping the Image/Video button of your device or pressing the related APP trigger. The Wifi handheld digital microscope with 2MP HD CMOS sensor instantly to your phone.
Lightweight and small sizes are convenient for taking them with you everywhere. Easy to operate, allows you to take it on your trips for children to study plants, minerals, and insects, or have fun outdoor activities. This electronic microscope is more of a fixed focus magnifying glass, not a traditional microscope, Not suitable for professional serious biologists! This is one of the best portable microscopes for iPhone.
- Easy to hook;
- Lightweight and small;
- 1080p HD quality.
- Inferior to conventional microscopes.
2. Cainda WiFi Digital Microscope
- Digital Microscope Camera: WiFi connect to smart devices. Support the IOS and Android smart phone, tablet. USB cable connect with the PC. Compatible with Mac, Windows XP 7 8 10 11and Linux system.
The Cainda WiFi Digital Microscope comes with a variety of features that make it a great choice for anyone looking for a quality digital microscope. The microscope is very lightweight and comes with a carrying bag that makes it easy to take with you wherever you go. The microscope is also eco-friendly and anti-collision.
The microscope comes with 8 adjustable LEDs that allow you to get the perfect contrast for whatever you are looking at. The microscope also has a true high-definition 1920x1080P video and a 2MP image display. The microscope is also equipped with a wireless high-speed transmission that eliminates any image delay.
- Good image quality;
- Good zoom.
- Small autonomy.
3. Opqpq ODM102
- 【Integrated with CPL Lens】Optical zoom lens with full multi-coating optics, and CPL filter embedded greatly eliminate reflections and reduce chromatic aberration. Shoot HD pictures in details and more saturated original colors. Once cooperate with your mobile phone, up to achieve 100 times magnification.
The pocket microscope also has a built-in LED light to provide a bright working environment. USB charging allows you to reuse the microscope anywhere and anytime. The Opqpq ODM102 is a great tool for plants, trichomes, coins, stones, skin, lab work, STEM applications, jewelry appraisal, health diagnosis, art investigation, outdoor exploration, and more.
- Great optics;
- Built-in LED light;
- F1.8 aperture.
- It’s hard to remove the lens.
4. STPCTOU STinskam314BK
- 🔍 STPCTOU WIRELESS DIGITAL MICROSCOPE - 50X-1000X magnification zoom, this digital microscope offers you a clear view of objects’ details and enables capture pictures, record video and save these wonderful moment. Nice tool to help your curiosity kids to explore the wonderful micro world.
It is also easy to use with only a need to download the “Max-see” from the APP store or Google play store and connect your phone to the microscope via WIFI. The mini size and USB rechargeable design make it easy to take this microscope with you wherever you go. It is also great for compatibility with Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Mac & software, and tools for multiple purposes.
- Easy to use;
- Software is not compatible with all devices.
5. YINAMA Black303
- Wireless Digital Microscope - Wireless handheld digital microscope, its compact, portable, wireless transmission as the main features, with a 2 MP camera, you can adjust the focus axis magnification to 50X-1000X magnification, capture a clear picture of an area of the object detail view and record video.
The user can connect to the microscope using an Android device, an iOS device, or a computer. The microscope can be used to study insects, leaves, tree branches, and beetles. It is a fun and educational tool that can be used by children and adults alike.
- 50X-1000X magnification;
- 8 adjustable LED lights.
- Not the best performance for the price.
6. Jiusion WiFi USB Digital Microscope
- 【WiFi Microscope New Model】 Jiusion new model WiFi Microscope is much more useful and funnier for kids, children, students, engineers and others who need to magnify and explore the micro things like circuit board, coin, jewelry, skin and insect.
Use new generation WiFi chip, which makes high definition video wireless transfer on phones possible. NO LAG on computers (original pixel 1280*720P) and mobiles (digital zoom 1920*1080P) when fully charged. Come with an updated aluminum alloy bracket which is the most stable and top-rated base in the microscope market. It is the first wide-angle WiFi microscope on the market which is able to view a larger area.
Built-in 8pcs bright LED lights, digital microscope’s 2 adjusting knob can change the focus and brightness. The zoom-in and out buttons allow for 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2.0x magnification on your phone(not for PC). The carrying case is included in the package.
With this USB microscope, you can use the software to record the micro world, capture screenshots, and record videos even in the wood without data services. On a Windows computer, you can use the software’s measurement function to measure the least bit.
- Compatible with a variety of devices;
- Built-in 8 LED lights.
- It is not compatible with all devices
7. Ankylin 50x-1000x Handheld USB Microscope
- 中立卖家,请勿恶搞,后果自负.Hobby Focused: Useful and fun for collectors, engineers, testers, students, and anyone interested in exploring the microscopic world.
With 2.0 megapixels and 1080p HD picture quality, this microscope provides 50x more magnification than standard microscopes, and 8 built-in adjustable LEDs make it easy to get a clear view of your subject. The Ankylin 50x-1000x Handheld USB microscope for iPhone is also easy to carry, thanks to its lightweight and compact design.
And, if you need to take pictures or record videos, the Ankylin 50x-1000x Handheld USB Microscope comes with an app that makes it easy to do just that.
- Compact and mobile;
- Great image quality.
- Light adjuster is a little shakey
8. T TAKMLY MX200-B
- App Provided: Optional software for IOS, Android, Windows, MacOS X. This microscope can support Android 6.0+, iOS 9.0 or later, Windows vista/7/8/10/11 or later, MacOS X 11 or later.
This microscope is more of a fixed focus magnifying glass, not a traditional microscope, but it still provides high-definition pictures and videos for its users.
The built-in 8 Dimmable LEDs provide enough illuminance for users to see clearly, and the microscope also comes with a stand and a base for added stability. The microscope is easy to charge and the charge lasts for a long time, making it a very useful and fun tool to always have with you in the outdoors.
The T TAKMLY MX200-B is also a great tool for parents, teachers, students, kids, and collectors who are interested in exploring the world around them.
- 1080P HD picture;
- 50x more magnification.
- Not suitable for professional serious biologists
Types of iPhone Microscopes
There are many types of iPhone microscopes on the market. Some are better than others and some will work better for certain types of applications. Here is a rundown of the different types of iPhone microscopes to help you choose the best one for your needs.
- Basic USB iPhone Microscope: This type of microscope uses a basic USB connection to hook up to your iPhone. They are the most affordable option and usually have decent quality. They are best for basic applications and close-up work.
- Wireless USB iPhone Microscope: These microscopes use a wireless USB connection to hook up to your iPhone. They are a bit more expensive than the basic USB microscopes but offer better quality and a wider range of features. They are best for more advanced applications and general use.
- Bluetooth iPhone Microscope: These microscopes use Bluetooth to connect to your iPhone. They are the most expensive option but offer the best quality and the most features. They are best for professional use and advanced applications.
Products that might be helpful
Buyer’s Guide: Microscope for iPhone
Here is a buyer’s guide to help you choose the best microscope for iPhone.
There are a few things to consider when choosing a microscope for iPhone.
The first is compatibility. Make sure that the microscope you choose is compatible with your iPhone model. Not all iPhones are compatible with microscopes. You need to check the compatibility of your specific model beforehand.
The second is the characteristic of the microscope. This includes:
- Lens mount
- Type of Software
The best microscopes for the iPhone have a magnification of 100x or more. This parameter is the most important because it is directly responsible for the magnification function. Decide for yourself for what purpose the microscope will be used. The smaller the object you want to examine, the more powerful the magnification should be.
The durability determines the life of the microscope and your enjoyment of using it. After all, it is not so pleasant to work with a microscope that feels flimsy and cracks at the touch.
This characteristic can be attributed to compatibility. Since different iPhone models have different lens positions. Therefore, you should always check the compatibility of iPhone lenses and microscope and lenses before buying. To find the right one for your iPhone microscope lens.
Type of Software
The software is an important factor that affects the usability of the microscope. The software should generally be suitable for all current iPhone models.
Before buying, be sure to check the compatibility of your iPhone and microscope software.
The third is price. Microscopes for iPhone can range in price from $30 to $200. Choose the one that fits your budget. The price varies depending on the features, quality of the microscope, and manufacturer.
The fourth and final thing to consider is reviews. When you’re looking at microscopes, check out reviews to see what others have to say about the quality of the product. This will help you weed out the microscopes that aren’t worth your money.
No matter which microscope you choose, you’re sure to have a blast exploring the world around you.
Advantages of Using the iPhone Microscope
We live in a world where technology is constantly advancing, and with that comes new and improved ways of doing things. The iPhone microscope is one such example – it’s a microscope that can be used with your iPhone to take pictures or record videos of whatever you’re looking at. It can be in the form of a microscope attachment for an iPhone.
There are plenty of advantages to using an iPhone microscope, such as the fact that it’s very portable so you can take it with you wherever you go. It’s also very easy to use, so even if you’re not a scientific expert, you’ll be able to get great results.
Another great advantage of using an iPhone microscope is that you’ll be able to share your images and videos with others very easily. Whether you want to share them on social media or with a specific group of people, it’s very easy to do so.
If you’re looking for a great way to get more out of your iPhone, then an iPhone microscope is definitely worth considering. It’s a great tool that can be used for a variety of different purposes, and it’s very easy to use.
Disadvantages of iPhone Microscopes
If you are looking for a microscope to use with your iPhone, you may want to consider the disadvantages before making your purchase.
One disadvantage of using an iPhone microscope is that the quality of the images may not be as high as you would like. The iPhone camera is not as powerful as a digital microscope, so you may not be able to get the level of detail that you are hoping for.
In addition, the iPhone microscope may not be able to magnify objects as much as you would like. Another disadvantage is that the iPhone microscope may not be very durable and may break easily if it is dropped.
FAQ on Microscope for iPhone
How to use a digital microscope in iOS?
You need to download an application that is designed to use the iPhone camera microscope. Then you should connect the microscope to your iPhone. Through the appropriate method (Bluetooth/WiFi/cable).
Will digital microscope work with an iPad?
It is possible to use a digital microscope with an iPad, but it is not guaranteed to work with all models.
Can I use iPhone as a microscope?
No, you cannot use an iPhone as a microscope. The latest versions of ios have a “Magnifier” app that allows you to slightly enlarge the subject. In order to have a normal approximation, it is necessary to buy a special device connected to the iPhone.
Can we use a mobile camera and microscope?
It is possible to use a mobile camera as a microscope if the camera has a macro setting.
Are pocket microscopes good?
It depends on what you need a microscope for. Pocket microscopes are usually less powerful than full-size microscopes, so they might not be good for detailed work. However, they can be more convenient to use and take with you, so they might be good for general observations.
If you’re a science lover, this is a great way to get closer to the world around you. If you’re just curious about what’s out there, this is a great way to start exploring. No matter what your reasons, this microscope is a great tool to have.
The best part about this microscope is that it doesn’t require any special skills to use it. Just place it over your iPhone’s camera and you’re ready to go. Apple makes great smartphones, but they have limited proximity capability. There are a few different models to choose from, so you can pick the one that best fits your needs.
You can now get a microscope for your iPhone! This is a great way to get up close and personal with the world around you. Whether you’re looking at the world of bugs or plants, this tool will help you get to know it better.